Best stocks to invest in
Kinder Morgan Inc KMI just released their fourth quarter fiscal 2015 earnings results, posting an earnings beat of $0.27 but a revenue miss of $3.636 billion.
Currently, KMI has a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold), but it is subject to change following the release of the company’s latest earnings report. Here are 5 key statistics from this just announced report below.
1. Beat earnings estimates. The company posted $0.27, beating our Zacks Consensus Estimate of $0.17. This number excludes $0.56 from non recurring items.
2. Missed revenue estimates. The company saw revenue figures of $3.636 billion, missing our estimate of $3.808 billion and declining -8% on a year-over year basis.
3. Reported fourth quarter distributable cash flow before certain items available to common shareholders of $1.233 billion versus $1.278 billion for the comparable period in 2014.
4. “We are pleased with KMI’s business performance for the year especially in light of a tremendously challenging commodity environment, and we are glad to have generated the greatest amount of annual distributable cash flow in the company’s history along with a 7 percent increase in our DCF per share year-over-year,” said Richard D. Kinder, executive chairman. “However, we were disappointed by KMI’s stock performance, which declined 65 percent during 2015.”
5. KMI was down $0.54, or 0.33%, to $11.97 as of 4:38 PM ET in after hours trading shortly after its earnings report was released.
Here’s a graph that looks at Kinder Morgan’s quarterly revenue and growth rate:
Kinder Morgan is a company that engages in energy transportation and storage in North America. The company handles products like natural gas, refined petroleum products, crude oil, ethanol, coal, and carbon dioxide; they also operate natural gas pipelines in the Rocky Mountains, the Midwest, and Texas, a refined petroleum products pipeline in North America, terminals for the storage of petroleum products, chemicals, and carbon dioxide pipelines and oil producing fields. Kinder Morgan was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Check back later for our full analysis on Kinder Morgan’s fourth quarter earnings report!
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report >>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
KINDER MORGAN (KMI): Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research
– Best stocks to invest in