Best stocks to invest in
Microsoft Corp MSFT just released their second quarter fiscal 2016 earnings results, posting earnings of $0.78 and revenue of $25.7 billion.
Currently, MSFT has a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold), but it is subject to change following the release of the company’s latest earnings report. Here are 5 key statistics from this just announced report below.
1. Beat earnings estimates. The company posted $0.78, beating our Zacks Consensus Estimate of $0.69. This number excludes $0.16 from nonrecurring items.
2. Beat revenue estimates. The company saw revenue figures of $25.7 billion, surpassing our estimate of $25.111 billion.
3. Posted non-GAAP net income of 6.3 billion and non-GAAP operating income of 7.9 billion.
4. “Businesses everywhere are using the Microsoft Cloud as their digital platform to drive their ambitious transformation agendas,” said Satya Nadella, chief executive officer at Microsoft. “Businesses are also piloting Windows 10, which will drive deployments beyond 200 million active devices.”
5. MSFT was up $3.05, or 5.85%, to $55.10 as of 4:28 PM ET in after hours trading shortly after its earnings report was released.
Here’s a graph that looks at Microsoft’s long-term quarterly revenue and growth rate:
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses, sells, and supports software products. The Company operates in five segments: Windows & Windows Live Division, Server and Tools, Online Services Division, Microsoft Business Division, and Entertainment and Devices Division. Its products include operating systems for personal computers, servers, phones; server applications for distributed computing environments; productivity applications; business solution applications; desktop and server management tools; software development tools; video games, and online advertising. Microsoft was founded in 1975 and is headquartered in Redmond, Washington.
Check back later for our full analysis on Microsoft’s second quarter earnings report!
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report >>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
MICROSOFT CORP (MSFT): Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research
– Best stocks to invest in