Penny stock investing
Episode #22: “Listener Q&A”
Guest: Episode #22 has no guest, but is co-hosted by Meb’s co-worker, Jeff Remsburg.
Topics: Episode #22 is another “Listener Q&A” episode. Meb has been traveling again, this time giving several speeches. So we start the episode with Meb giving us the highlights from his most recent talk in Vegas, in which he details four mistakes that investors are making right now. Next, we get into our listener Q&A. Meb tackles:
- Is shareholder yield a smart beta factor in its own right, or is it a combination of factors?
- Should a shareholder yield strategy outperform portfolios with size, value, and momentum tilts?
- Is there a reason why Meb rarely talks about adding small caps to a portfolio?
- What are the merits of investing in ETFs versus bonds directly?
- Can sentiment indicators be used to add tangible long-term value to a portfolio?
- How does Meb define risk, a term he uses quite often?
- While certain global countries with low CAPEs appear attractive, if the U.S. entered a correction, wouldn’t those foreign countries follow, negating the decision to invest there?
There’s plenty more, including talk of gambling in Vegas (and counting cards), Meb’s high school reunion, and some of the worst investment losses Meb ever suffered (think “biotech” and “options”). Hear it all in Episode 22.
Episode Sponsor: The Idea Farm and Soothe
To listen to Episode #22 on iTunes, click here
To listen to Episode #22 on Stitcher, click here
To listen to Episode #22 on Pocket Casts, click here
To listen to Episode #22 on Google Play, click here
To stream Episode #22, click here
Comments or suggestions? Email us [email protected]
Links from the Episode:
Transcript of Episode 22:
– Penny stock investing