Stocks investment –
Amanah Saham Nasional Bhd (ASNB), announced a dividend of 6.4 sen per unit for the Amanah Saham Wawasan 2020 for the financial year ending 31st August, 2015.
The dividend is 0.2 sen lower when compare to the 6.6 sen dividend given in 2014. Kindly refer to “Historical ASW2020 Dividend Rate” for previous year dividend since the fund launched.
The dividend will involve a payout of RM1.14 billion. The figures is 2.2 percent higher than the payment of RM1.115 billion made in 2014.
The payout will benefit 883,422 unit holders who currently hold 17 billion units of ASW 2020.
As of 25th August 2015, ASW 2020 has recorded a gross income of RM1.39 billion.
Profits from the sales of shares in companies contributed RM709.04 million or 51 per cent, while dividends from investee companies contributed RM477.06 million or 34.3 per cent and income from investments in short term instruments and other income contributed RM203.74 million or 14.7 of the gross income.
The dividend payments will be automatically credited into the investment accounts of unitholders on 1st September. For investors who participated in the ASW 2020 through the Employees Provident Fund (EPF), the income will be credited directly into their EPF accounts through the Members’ Investment Scheme.
To facilitate the payment, all transactions of the ASW 2020 will be suspended from 25th until 31st August.
The calculation of income distribution will be based on the average monthly minimum balance held throughout the financial year of ASW 2020.
Unit holders will be able to update their accounts at ASNB head office, ASNB branch offices or ASNB agents beginning 1st September 2015.
ASW2020 is a fixed price fund where 51 per cent of the units are opened to Bumiputera investors and the remaining 49 per cent to non-Bumiputera investors.
– Stocks investment